Carloway Community Association (CCA) is a Company Limited by guarantee and a registered charity. The CCA owns and runs the Carloway Community Centre and former Carloway School for the benefit of the community from Tolsta Chaolais to Dalmore.
This privacy notice is designed to help you understand what information we might need from you, why we need it and how we use it.
What we need from you
When you become a member of the CCA we ask you to provide the following information:
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Date of birth if under the age of 16
Why we need this information
We require your personal information so that we can keep in touch with you and due to legal obligations.
- From time to time the CCA will contact you with important and useful information. This may be about upcoming association meetings including AGMs as well as other local events. The easiest and most effective way for us to communicate with you as a member is by email.
- The Companies Act 2006 obligates us to maintain a register of our members, including name, address and the start date of the membership.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored in an Excel spreadsheet which only the Company Secretary, Chair and staff have access to.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We only keep your personal information for as long as you are a member of the CCA. If you cease to be a member of the CCA we will delete all the information we hold about you.
You have the right to:
- Request that we correct your personal data, if you believe it to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request that we delete your personal information.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.